Direct Care - Provide Direct Care and Bring Medication to Client in Home - Social Service / Human Service
We are seeking several, Attendant Care Providers. This is a great opportunity to impact our Clients lives in a positive way by being there for them.
You will be bringing these clients their Medication
The Attendant Care Provider position is responsible for providing supervision and support services to children placed in respite care in our 24/7 facility or during our Psycho-Social groups.
- Provide transportation and accompany clients to and from activities and/or appointments to provide medically necessary direct care and support, as directed. Transportation may not be required for services solely in the respite house.
- Assist in providing structured and constructive activities that support the client’s treatment.
- Assist clients with learning and practicing daily living and social skills.
- Assist client in completing daily living tasks as needed.
- Assist clients with problem-solving daily living situations.
- Complete all required documentation thoroughly, on time and according to agency standards.
- Provide above services on an individual basis or in a group setting as required.
- Engage individuals in a positive, constructive, respectful and hopeful manner.
- Recognize and demonstrate sensitivity to cultural and ethnic differences.
- Help others succeed by demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with persons with severe and persistent mental illness and/or serious emotional disturbance, and the ability to react effectively in a wide variety of human service situations.
- Effectively manage conflict.
- Interact positively with other staff, members of the agency and team, including active participation in supervision activities, team meetings and training, etc.
(Respite House only)
- Monitor clients, while in bedrooms or sleeping, a minimum every 15 minutes and log those observations.
- Prepare meals for clients.
- Perform cleaning duties keeping the respite home in compliance with Kansas Department of Health and Environment licensing requirements.
Wyandot, Inc. is the parent company of a family of organizations focused on addressing diverse needs of the Wyandotte community.
- High school degree or equivalent. Is 18 years of age or older.
- Pass a background and security check.
- Communicate directly and effectively in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to relate and work in an innovative manner with clients at risk of hospitalization.
- Relates a positive approach to complex mental health issues.
- Flexibility in assigned working hours, including evening and/or weekends.
- Ability to be sensitive to cultural and ethnic differences.
- Familiarity with mental health theory and practice
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Wyandot, Inc. agencies include:
- Wyandot Center - Adult mental health care center
- PACES - Children and adolescents mental health care center
- Kim Wilson Housing, Inc. - Supportive housing program
- Rainbow Services, Inc. - 24/7 Crisis center
Working with us you will welcome a refreshing work environment filled with
appreciation, teamwork, & a competitive compensation package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Possible keywords for this job are:
Home based Assistant, Human Services Program Specialist, Mental Health Technician, Outreach Specialist, Social Services Assistant, Social Work Associate, Certified Medication Aide (CMA), Certified Nurse Aide (CNA), Certified Nurses Aide (CNA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA), Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA), Nurses' Aide, Nursing Aide, Nursing Assistant, State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA), Mental Health Aide (MHA), Mental Health Technician (MHT), Mental Health Worker (MHW), Patient Care Assistant (PCA), Psychiatric Aide, Psychiatric Nursing Aide, Psychiatric Nursing Assistant, Resident Care Technician, Residential Counselor, Therapeutic Program Worker (TPW), Caregiver, Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA), Certified Medical Aide (CMA), Certified Nurses Aide (CNA), Home Attendant, Home Care Aide, Home Health Aide (HHA), Home Health Provider, Hospice/Home Health Aide, In Home Caregiver, Daycare, sitter, Babysitter, sitter,