In this JDSupra article, it is recommended to ask a few questions before joining a nonprofit board.
The article points out the the risks associated with serving in this important role and that "directors of nonprofit corporations must discharge duties in good faith and in a manner he or she believes is in the best interests of the corporation."
There are nine recommended questions to ask before jumping onto the nonprofit board bandwagon. They cover:
Read the Entire Article
- Indemnification provisions
- Director and Officer Liability Insurance
- Written Conflict of Interest Policy
- Written Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Policies in Effect as Well as Cyber Liability Insurance
- Written Employment Policies
- Written Executive Compensation Policy
- Written Gift Acceptance Policy
- Written Investment and Financial Policies
- Written Checklist Outlining Policies to Govern Annual Filing Requirements
Selected Grant News Headlines
A customized collection of grant news from foundations and the federal government from around the Web.
5 Internal Controls For Grants Management
The NonProfit Times features five internal controls for grants management. If there are well-defined internal controls in place, an organization is in a much stronger position to make the case that a...more
7 Steps to Fundraising from Millennials
TechSoup takes a closer look at giving patterns as it explores seven steps to fundraising from millennials.
According to a Millennial Impact Report, it indicates that Generation Y believe that...more