In this JDSupra article, it is recommended to ask a few questions before joining a nonprofit board.
The article points out the the risks associated with serving in this important role and that "directors of nonprofit corporations must discharge duties in good faith and in a manner he or she believes is in the best interests of the corporation."
There are nine recommended questions to ask before jumping onto the nonprofit board bandwagon. They cover:
Read the Entire Article
- Indemnification provisions
- Director and Officer Liability Insurance
- Written Conflict of Interest Policy
- Written Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Policies in Effect as Well as Cyber Liability Insurance
- Written Employment Policies
- Written Executive Compensation Policy
- Written Gift Acceptance Policy
- Written Investment and Financial Policies
- Written Checklist Outlining Policies to Govern Annual Filing Requirements
Selected Grant News Headlines
A customized collection of grant news from foundations and the federal government from around the Web.
Executive Team Effectiveness Toolkit
Bridgespan offers its Executive Team Effectiveness Toolkit to nonprofit organizations to help executive teams increase their overall effectiveness and move from good to great.
Why Upskilling Is Important For Society
PwC recently released a short documentary featuring business leaders, academics, NGOs, and policymakers why upskilling has become a priority for society, organizations, and governments.
3 Ways to Increase Impact in the Social Sector
Misti Yang, Contributor for Lean Startup Co., features three social enterprise leaders in a webcast that addresses lean startup methodologies: Ann Mei Chang, executive director of Lean Impact, Amy...more
How to Get Better at Picking Creative Ideas
Justin M. Berg, assistant professor at Stanford University Graduate School of Business, investigates an understudied part of the creative process in a new paper that appears in Organizational...more