New Story School Is a private licensed and academic school that provides special education and behavior health services to children up to the age of 21 who have been diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavior disorders. Our multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story School Is currently seeking a qualified Academic and Behavior Support Staff to join our clinical team. The Academic and Behavior Support Staff works collaboratively with Special Education teachers to fulfill the individual curriculum and self-care needs of the students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Assist with the implementation of the students individualized Education (IEP)
· Assist students within the classroom/program setting during participation in special subjects such as Physical Education, Vocational programs and Field trips.
· Implement appropriate behavior management strategies and techniques.
· Observe/Record data related to behavioral concerns to assess/monitor the progress of the student.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Six months of experience working with the population of children/adolescents to which they are assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· A passion for helping others
· Great attention to details
· A positive can-do attitude
Eligible New Story Employees will receive:
· Competitive pay, benefits (medical, dental, vision)
· Employee Discount program
· Rewards program
· Potential for growth within the company
· 401k options and paid school holidays for full time employee
New Story is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about New Story Schools and Services, benefits and careers please visit our website www.newstory.com
The Network of Women (NOW) For Food Security joined forces with Jamaica National Foundation’s Social Enterprise Boost Initiative (SEBI) and Food For The Poor (FFP) to provide rural women income-producing opportunities and reduce the amount of imported mushrooms.