Feeding Tampa Bay food bank is a hunger relief organization who feeds the 600,000 hungry in West Central Florida. The Feeding Tampa Bay food bank is committed to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network in a 10-county area.
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for implementing a volunteer service program including recruitment, training, cultivation, coordination and retention of volunteers to support the mission and vision of Feeding Tampa Bay. This position will be the primary contact for volunteers recruited by working closely with community members, businesses, and other organizations to identify individuals looking to participate in Feeding Tampa Bay’s mission to build community engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Volunteer recruitment and training
· Strategically recruits volunteers to meet the goals of FTB, working with other staff as needed to assure a robust and meaningful experience for volunteers
· Recruits volunteers to commit to one-day, short-term, and long-term volunteer projects (warehouse sorting, FTB special events, FTB Mobile Pantries)
· Presents FTB to corporations, local community organizations, and student groups to obtain volunteers and collaborate on service events related to hunger, seeking assistance from other staff or volunteers when necessary
· Co-facilitates and supports mission training of all volunteers, working with the Volunteer Supervisors
Planning and implementation
· Assists staff in identifying volunteer projects to provide volunteers a meaningful experience
· Keeps a pulse on best practices and innovative ideas for volunteer management and assures that FTB is on target with procedures and goals
· Assists staff in implementation of events and supports volunteers for service days as needed
· Recruits and educates staff as volunteers for special events, etc.
· Researches and engages relevant community organizations to coordinate additional volunteer opportunities in which FTB might collaborate on
· Collaborates with the special events coordinator to plan and execute volunteer events
Volunteer management and tracking
· Creates and regularly updates volunteer schedule and list of volunteer events
· Tracks all volunteer hours and maintains data records providing monthly updates of volunteer hours/activity to senior leadership
· Maintains an up-to-date database of all volunteers, including contact information as appropriate
· Collaborates with communications team to create content for and share the quarterly Volunteer Newsletter
Evaluation and stewardship of volunteer activities
· Collects and manages feedback from all parties involved in volunteer activities – through written feedback, testimonials, and verbal comments
· Communicates regularly with volunteers through “check in” phone calls, emails, and personal touches
· Shares feedback with staff so that FTB can assess strengths, successes, and make improvements for future volunteer activities
· Design and implement appropriate ways to thank, recognize, and honor volunteers for their efforts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree preferred; or Associate’s Degree and/or 2 years of experience in volunteer coordination, sales, personnel or related background. Ability to articulate Feeding Tampa Bay’s mission, program, and needs to the community to both individuals and large groups. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; multitasking; meeting deadlines; and working effectively under pressure. Ability to work both independently as an energetic self-starter and within a multi-disciplinary framework. Comfortable and effective in settings with clients to senior executives; ability to build rapport quickly. Ability to create & conduct presentations, convey information clearly and efficiently through well-developed communication skills. Ability to work independently and as a team. A great sense of humor and positive attitude. Ability to be flexible and adjust to last-minute changes. Knowledge of computers with proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion; Results-oriented
Open-minded and willing to explore out-of-the-box engagement options. Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule on weekends, evenings and special events.
A former criminal has recently graduated from Jamie Oliver’s apprentice program at Fifteen London. Andy Kabeya believes he would be back in prison if he hadn’t enrolled in Fifteen’s scheme.