Love your job, make a difference.
For over 111 years Albertina Kerr has successfully enriched lives of individuals experiencing mental health challenges and developmental disabilities by empowering people to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential.
As a Caregiver / Direct Support Professional, you will provide routine care giving, enabling individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve their desired quality of life. You’ll schedule and accompany individuals on outings, administer medications, and assist with personal care including hygiene, bathing, food preparation, laundry and housekeeping.
Learn what it means to be a DSP by watching this video! (Password: RJP*akc2018-11-26#$!)
Apply online at AlbertinaKerr.org! Positions available for various shifts in Hillsboro, Beaverton, Cornelius, Tigard and Tualatin.
· Provide high quality personal care to the people we support, including assistance with Activities of Daily Living/Instrumental Activities of Daily Living, hygiene activities, meal preparation, transportation and more, while creating a fun, positive, and caring environment
· Interact with the people we support, family members, community members, medical professionals, team members and others in a positive and professional manner
· Provide input for Individual Support Plan (ISP) development and ensure action plans are followed and documented
· Learn and consistently follow Behavior Support Plans (BSP) and Medical Support Plans (MSP), implement Oregon Intervention Systems (OIS) interventions and complete all required documentation and training
· Ensure a clean, safe and protected environment
· 100% paid medical/dental/vision employee benefits
· Short- and long-term disability
· Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Plan
· Paid holidays
· Personal accrued leave (PAL)
· 401(k) with employer-matching
· Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
About Employment at Kerr
· High school diploma or GED
· Consistent, punctual, and flexible
· Minimum age: 18 yrs. Old
· Ability to pass a background check
· Licensed driver for more than two years (preferred)
· Ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 pounds