Social Services Director
Social Services DirectorBring your heart to work! Caring people make the difference at American Senior Communities!Compassion, Accountability, Relationships and Excellence
are the core values for American Senior Communities. These words not only form an acronym for C.A.R.E., they are our guiding principles and create the framework for all our relationships with customers, team members and community at large.
American Senior Communities has proudly delivered patient centered care since the year 2000, with a long history of excellent outcomes. Each of our 80+ American Senior Community is part of the neighborhood in which it exists. Our leaders and staff live in surrounding areas and know the community well. We value the same things in life that you do. The foundation of our senior living communities is based on the knowledge that we'll be part of your neighborhood for many, many years. We take great pride in our hospitality and it is ingrained in everything we do.As partners in senior care, we are not just doing a job, but following a calling.Our commitment to our team members:
What will you be doing and how will you make a difference at American Senior Communities?
- Top competitive market wages
- Paid Time Off (PTO), holiday pay and *opportunities to earn additional PTO
- Access up to 75% of your earned wages before payday with PayActiv*
- Paid training, skills certification & career development support
- Medical, vision & dental insurance with Telehealth option
- Medical and dependent flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan options
- Lucrative employee referral bonus program
- Tuition assistance and certification reimbursement*
- Continued education opportunities through Purdue Global & O2NE scholarship program
- Employee assistance program & wellness support
- Retail, food & entertainment discounts and so much more
*Terms and conditions apply
- Making a difference in the lives of the patients we serve by providing them care and compassion
- Acting as a positive teammate to fellow employees by helping onboard new teammates.
- The Social Services Director provides medically-related social services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident; and shares a responsibility toward creating and sustaining an environment that humanizes and individualizes each resident living area.
- Reviews resident's needs and care plan with progress notes indicating implementation of methods to respond to identified needs.
- Mediates and must be able to deal tactfully and professionally with issues that arise among residents and their families and/or assigned ombudsman.
- Demonstrates C.A.R.E. values to our residents, family members, customers and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or in a human services field required.
- Previous social services experience preferred.
We are Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)