APRN- Florida Assertive Community Treatment
Job Purpose: As an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse at Aspire Health Partners, your job purpose will be to provide a multitude of outpatient medical clinic, general duties and CSU/SCCD assigned duties. These functions include - but are not limited to -
- Attend team meetings Monday-Friday as requested and provide mental health and medical services as requested by FACT Team Psychiatrist.
- Complete discharges as assigned.
- Lead group therapy sessions including medication groups as assigned by team psychiatrist.
- Provide follow up medication management appointments for clients enrolled to the team.
- Lead medication groups with stable clients, as determined by the FACT Team psychiatrist.
- Attend Chronic/Case Management and General Therapy staffing's, as determined by the ACT Team psychiatrist.
- Completes psychiatric evaluations as determined by the FACT Team psychiatrist.
- Completes trainings as required by Aspire Health Partners, regulatory agencies and as required for licensure.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and standards.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and effective manner.
- Conduct psycho diagnostic and chemotherapeutic assessments consistent with practice standards established by the American Psychiatric Association (APA).
- Transportation of clients using company vehicles as needed in accordance with the Agency transportation policy.
- Prescribe medications appropriate to the psychiatric care of each client.
- Provide for laboratory studies as clinically appropriate and in conjunction with the prescription of medication of a type and frequency consistent with APA and LA specific standards of practice.
- Utilize the most recent edition of Diagnostic and Statistics Manual (DSM), in applicable documentation.
- Provide case consultation to other mental health service providers, client families and/or significant others upon request and as clinically appropriate.
- Participate in treatment planning and signing off on treatment plan documents when presented for review.
- Conduct home, office and community visits.
- Provide on-call services on nights, weekends and holidays.
- Adhere to all Agency policies & procedures.
- Other duties as directed.
Most importantly, all functions must be completed while maintaining high standards of ethical and professional conduct while adhering to agency policies and procedures.
Position qualifications: Ability to receive and maintain a(n)
- Level II Background clearance
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Registration driver's license record in accordance with the underwriting guidelines set by Aspire insurance company as described in the AHP Corporate Transportation Policy 3.9.1
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Active Florida ARNP license
- Nurse Practitioner Certified in Mental Health
Other Qualifications: Minimum of 3 years of experience; Possess basic computer literacy skills; Experience working with serious mental illness in a community setting, preferably with a Community Action Team; Good communication skills in order to communicate effectively and participate in both verbal and physical de-escalation techniques to clients in a state of severe emotional distress; Ability to excel in a stressful, constantly changing environment.