Position Title: Clerical Assistant
Coordinator: Varies by Department
Summary: The Volunteer provide clerical support to an assigned department throughout Eskenazi Health.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare various types of paperwork and filing.
2. Organize information alphabetically, chronologically or numerically as directed.
3. Greet guests.
4. Light typing and/or data entry.
5. Answer phones and direct callers appropriately.
6. Follow all policies and procedures set forth by Wishard Health Services
7. Perform related duties as assigned by coordinator..
8. Must comply with HIPPA standards, policies and procedures of maintaining confidentiality of patient and medical information.
9. Volunteers are not permitted to:
a. Position or lift patients in/out of bed, chair or wheelchair.
b. Transport patients confined to hospital beds.
c. Communicate clinical information to patients, clients, visitors or family members.
d. Document clinical information.
e. Interpret/translate clinical information in another language.
1. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Successful completion of the application, interview, hospital volunteer orientation, and position specific departmental training.
3. Volunteers will be required to submit to criminal background inquiry, national governmental sanction check, child abuse clearance, sexual offender registry clearance and Occupational Health Screening.
4. Experience of inpatient floors or equivalent.