The Office Supervisor is part of the person-centered integrated care team and is responsible for patient flow and staffing in the Reception areas. Provides direct supervision to the following position: Customer Relations Specialists (medical and behavioral health). Provides back-up for these positions as needed.
This candidate will work Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of payment posting and batches for direct staff
o Verifies accuracy of batches prior to making bank deposits
o Completes bank deposits
o Provides batch reports and deposit reports to Administration
- Reviews and signs off on all sliding fee paperwork
- Serves as the initial contact for the resolution of problems, escalated or difficult issues regarding patient complaints and other matters
- Schedules CRS staff to ensure coverage for office locations
- Works to ensure provider scheduling is correct
- Staff Management and Development
o Supervise Customer Relations Specialists
o With Regional Office Manager, assure adequate staffing patterns to meet needs
o With Regional Office Manager, orient new personnel as needed
o Disseminate information regarding policies and procedures to direct reports
o Perform performance evaluations for direct report staff
o Provide back up to staff as needed
o Will ensure that staff seek culturally competent services and service providers to meet the unique cultural needs of each patient
- Provide back up as needed for the following duties:
o Registration of new patients
o Enters new patient demographics, including insurance coverage, per completed intake paperwork
o Reviews intake paperwork for completeness for medical, dental and behavioral health
o Meets with new patients to review client information data for accuracy and explain agency Missed Appointment/Cancellation/Payment policies and collects co-payments for all patients, if applicable
o Reschedules or assists patient in making payment arrangements, per agency policy, if patient does not have their co-pay
o Verifies patient's eligibility for the sliding fee scale if they report no income
- Provide Regional Office Manager with reports on office efficiency and patient flow as requested.
- Advise Regional Office Manager of any concerns or problems reported by patients or with current patient flow protocols
- Attends monthly staff meetings as required
- Conducts self in accordance with Compass Health's employee manual.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Attend all training as required by Compass Health Network, Accreditors and Funders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Oversees day-to-day operations and tasks of supervisees
- Completes performance development/AIM process
- Time card management - manages time sheets
- Ensures progress and development is made toward departmental strategic plan goals
High School/GED required
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience as a front office staff member in a medical or behavioral health office setting required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with a multi-line phone system and professional phone skills preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferred
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is "Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness."
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
- Competitive benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.