Social Services Director I
Responsible for coordinating anddirecting Social Services in accordance with federal, state and localregulations, established procedural guidelines and as directed by theAdministrator. KEYRESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Applies standards of professional Social Service workpractice.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and respect for the rights,dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions.
3. Demonstrates competency in the protection and promotionof and advocacy for residents’ rights.
4. Responds to resident behavioral and psychiatric issuesby completing behavioral and psychosocial assessments, providing treatmentrecommendations and making referrals to appropriate mental and behavioralhealth providers.
5. Coordinates discharge plans with residents andfamilies.
6. Assists patients and families with advance directivesin accordance with Federal regulations.
7. Resolves and tracks grievances.
8. Completes psychosocial assessments of residents.
9. Coordinates family council meetings.
10. Coordinatesancillary appointments as necessary. QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
For buildings with more than 120 beds: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social work, or Human Services field such as Sociology, Gerontology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or Psychology.
For buildings with 120 beds or less: Bachelor’s degree required. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of one year of supervised social work experience in healthcare or long term care setting working directly with patients. Previous supervisory experience. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
MSW Preferred. Job:
Social ServicesPrimary Location:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Apr 2, 2021, 12:01:00 PM