Position Title: Hospitality and Reception Volunteer
Coordinator: Father Robert Lyons, Manager of Chaplaincy Services
Summary: The Volunteer Support will provide reception and hospitality services to visitors to the Chaplaincy Office. Incumbent will triage requests for Chaplaincy service, assist visiting clergy, and help with miscellaneous duties as assigned. This position will not be responsible for providing spiritual care, but must be comfortable interacting with spiritually/religiously minded people. In the future, this position may also be asked to assist in transporting wheelchair-bound patients for worship services in the Sanctuary.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Be available to greet visitors to office.
2. Triage calls to the duty Chaplain.
3. Assist in the daily operations of the Chaplaincy Office.
4. Complete all necessary paperwork.
5. Attend Chaplaincy Meetings.
6. Follow all policies and procedures set forth by Wishard Health Services and the Chaplaincy Department
7. Perform related duties as assigned.
8. Must comply with HIPPA standards, policies and procedures of maintaining confidentiality of patient and medical information.
9. Volunteers are not permitted to:
a. Position or lift patients in/out of bed, chair or wheelchair.
b. Transport patients confined to hospital beds.
c. Communicate clinical information to patients, clients, visitors or family members.
d. Document clinical information.
e. Interpret/translate clinical information in another language.
1. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Successful completion of the application, interview, hospital volunteer orientation, and 8-hour peer supporter course training.
3. Volunteers will be required to submit to criminal background check, national governmental sanction check, child abuse clearance, sexual offender registry clearance and Occupational Health Screening.
4. Must be regularly available from 9 AM to at least 3 PM, Monday through Friday (excepting secular holidays and religious holy days).