Accounting Clerk (Non-Profit)
Senior Manager of Financial AccountingFLSA STATUS:
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar's mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
This is a hybrid position with the majority of the time being remote. This role will generally need to come into the office up to four times per month, though this may change based on changing needs.JOB FUNCTIONS/SUMMARY
Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts
payable transactions as well as other accounting workMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Review invoices for accuracy and match to the purchase order, contracts, or documentation
- Verify general ledger account codes as assigned and appropriate sales and use tax compliance
- Process Avidinbox invoices, review and re-route to the correct workflows for approval
- Synchronize avid batches to Great Plains and process check payments in GP to Avidpay
- Download invoices and make online payments for some vendors
- Download monthly Higher Logic usage reports for CLE and Membership departments
- Maintain vendor setup in Great Plains and Avidxchange
- Prepare 1099NEC for both Abcny and City Bar Fund
- Verify expenses reports and receipts
- Contact vendors and staff members when necessary
- Resolve, modify or correct, issues related to payment of invoices
- Accrue open invoices at month end if necessary
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in relevant major or experience in related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience (internships acceptable)
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Can successfully work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to handle new challenging tasks
- Understanding of basic accounting procedures
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains general ledger software, and the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Avidxchange or similar programs.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this role.To Apply: newyorkcitybarassociation.applytojob.com/apply/cVT5lQmPzR/Accounting-Clerk-NonProfit
Please include a cover letter, to explain why you are interested in the position, when applying.
Starting salary for this role $45,000 to $50,000 (based on experience) for a 35-hour work week. We provide a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off (vacation, personal, sick time, holidays including closing this year between Christmas and New Year's Day, day off each year for volunteer work, extra time off in the summer), choice of medical plans, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, commuter benefits program, Employee Assistance Program, short-term/long-term disability insurance, employee discounts, and more!
We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. It is the policy of the City Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, arrest or conviction record, pregnancy, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, marital status, partnership status, or status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking and sex offenses, religion, sex, genetic information, military status, unemployment status or any other characteristic as protected by law. With regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related laws, we will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for persons due to their religious beliefs; disability; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; or because the individual was a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking.