Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (Registered / Registry Eligible) 24 hrs/wk.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to perform diagnostic images and appropriate measure through the use of ultra sound, stress, EKG and holter equipment in accordance with departmental guidelines and regulations governing our facility.
- Duty 1: Ability to perform echocardiograms according to department policy and procedures.
- Duty 2: Ability to assist physicians with transesophageal echocardiograms and stress echocardiograms.
- Duty 3: Ability to hook up holter monitors and scan the holter tracings. Performs EKG and Stress Tests as necessary per policies and procedures
- Duty 4: Assists with responsibilities within the echocardiography lab such as ordering supplies, help keep the equipment clean and in working order, help with billing and charges, and other areas within the cardiology department where needed.
- Duty 5: Assists the lead cardiac sonographer with quality assurance matters such as correlating data from other imaging modalities.
- Duty 6: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department, organization and/or regulatory agencies.
- Duty 7: Participates in departmental, organizational and multi-disciplinary performance improvement activities.
- Duty 8: Maintains a safe environment for self, patient, visitors, and other health care professionals with consistent use of safety standards/policies and procedures.
- Duty 9: Maintains HIPAA and confidentiality guidelines as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Duty 10: Cross trained to perform EKGs and Stress Testing could be a requirement.
- Registry Eligible Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer with RDCS required within 12 months of hire
- BLS required within three months of hire.
- ACLS required within three months if trained to perform stress testing.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) preferred
- Graduate of approved Echo Sonography course of study preferred
- Prior training in stress lab, holter monitoring and EKG desirable
General: This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling and twisting. The associate may be required to walk and/or stand for at least seven hours per day. The associate must be able to sit for 2-4 hours at a time. Assist in the transport/transfer of patients. The individual must be able to lift fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel. This position may result in exposure to chemicals, gasses, and bodily fluids.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)