Corporate Non-Profit Accountant - Atlanta, GA
Our non-profit client has been serving the Atlanta area for over 130 years, giving back to its community. They value growth, teamwork, and work-life balance.
They are seeking to add a Corporate Non-Profit Accountant
to their team in a newly created position.
Reporting directly to the VP of Finance & Chief Financial Officer, the Corporate Non-Profit Accountant performs accounting activities related to General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Sales, and Issuing of Financial Reports (Both internal and external), including analysis thereof.
The Corporate Non-Profit Accountant has primary responsibility for the monthly close and coordination of all activities related thereto.
A key purpose of this position is to improve the efficiency of the accounting close by centralizing the functions in one position. In addition, the position will work closely with the CFO and the Director of Finance on data analysis, audits, and state reporting.
Corporate Non-Profit Accountant Primary Responsibilities:
• Ensures that Financial Statements of the company comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Enters payments from all non-automated sources in the accounting system as well as uploading invoices to the accounting system.
• Reviews bank statements daily to identify receipts for coding in accounting and application.
• Prepares Monthly Bank Reconciliations, A/R Reconciliations, and Prepaid and Accrued Expense Reconciliations.
• Responsible for the closing process for allocations, reclassifications, accruals, and sets up. Ensures that all Journal Entries have adequate supporting documentation and calculations for audit support.
• Runs and Distributes Monthly Financial Reports, which may require exporting data to excel for formatting, and analyses the details of the reports to ensure consistency between actual coding and budget coding and explanations of material variances.
• During the yearly financial audit, prepares tie out schedules to support accounting balances and fulfills other requests by auditors for sampling or supporting documentation.
• Assist in the Budget preparation each year, including reprojections.
• Assist in preparation of required Government Surveys, Cost Reports, or other non-routine reporting.
• Assists Fundraising Department with obtaining financial data needed for grant applications.
• Responsible for workflow streamlining and seeking methods to improve and facilitate operations on the accounting level using the features of the accounting system or improving manual processes that could be automated.
Corporate Non-Profit Accountant Requirements:
• BA or BS in Accounting; CPA not required.
• At least 4 years' experience in an accounting job with similar functions.
• Fund Accounting knowledge is required.
• Knowledge of Acumatica or Microsoft GP a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office with higher-than-average knowledge of Microsoft Excel to include use of functions and Pivot Tables.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal and organizational skills required.
• Ability to work independently to resolve problems and issues with attention to detail and accuracy.