Eskenazi Health Volunteer Position Description
Position Title: Care Rounding Ambassador Volunteer
Summary: The volunteer will support Eskenazi Health's Mission to advocate, care, teach and serve. Volunteers will assist in determining patient needs and satisfaction through care rounding.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assess patient room and environment of care (ensuring no clutter, items within patient reach, walkways clear, bathroom clean).
2. Report patient requests, and other observations, to staff.
3. Conduct continual service rounding on inpatient care areas to promote patient satisfaction.
4. Restock supplies, file, answer phones and other clerical needs.
5. Complete all necessary paperwork and evaluation forms following each interaction.
6. Follow all policies and procedures set forth by Eskenazi Health.
7. Perform related duties as assigned.
8. Must comply with HIPAA standards, policies and procedures of maintaining confidentiality of patient and medical information.
9. Volunteers are not permitted to:
a. Position, lift or transfer patients in/out of bed, chair or wheelchair.
b. Transport patients confined to hospital beds.
c. Communicate clinical information to patients, clients, visitors or family members.
d. Document clinical information.
e. Interpret/translate clinical information in another language.
1. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Successful completion of the application, interview, hospital volunteer orientation, and position specific departmental training.
3. Volunteers will be required to submit to criminal background inquiry, national governmental sanction check, child abuse clearance, sexual offender registry clearance and Occupational Health Screening.
4. Volunteers must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, visitors and staff.
5. Volunteers must be able to support excellence in customer service by demonstrating a positive attitude and maintaining a professional appearance.
6. Successful completion of AIDET and PRIDE traning.