Executive Assistant - Innovation in Care Team
This position will provide administrative support to members of MDA's senior leadership team, including the EVP, Chief Advocacy & Care Services Officer, the SVP of Camp & Recreation, and the Senior Director of Public Policy & Advocacy. It will work closely with and report to the Director of Operations. This individual will assist the designated senior leadership in all areas of office and administrative support. This includes ensuring a sound understanding of the organization's objectives and the leadership's priorities. The position will provide advanced administrative support with exceptional care, discretion and professionalism, and will consistently perform under tight deadlines and will handle highly confidential material. It will need the ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize assignments and will take initiative and work independently as well as be an effective team player.
- Maintains clear and regular communication with supervisor and assigned leadership to ensure understanding of their shifting priorities in order to effectively support and prioritize work.
- Manages multiple sources of communication and responds on the behalf of the leaders with all levels of internal staff and external contacts with clear and professional communication.
- Manages the active schedules of Leadership team and ensures each are well informed on upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follows up appropriately.
- Conducts leadership meeting support, including preparing meeting agendas, organizing meeting materials, and developing powerpoint presentations.
- Compiles appropriate information or data and prepares reports and other documents as requested.
- Maintains strict level of confidentiality of all sensitive correspondence, data, and other information.
- Ensures the appropriate maintenance and organization of all legal, financial, corporate and Board documents.
- Partners with organizational professionals to ensure strong and seamless communication.
- Coordinates travel itineraries as well as meetings, trainings, and other events and completes expense reports.
- Initiate projects to improve efficiency and ensure ability to re-prioritize and manage last minute requests and short deadlines with workload.
- Maintains inventory and orders general office supplies as needed for the Washington DC office.
- Processes invoices, submits check requests, and conducts similar office support tasks as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works sound reasoning in group problem solving situations that may include emotional topics due to nature of the organization.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Communication Skills:Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently within a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members simultaneously.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or appropriate experience.
- 3 + years' experience with supporting multiple senior staff and/or experience supporting a senior-level executive.
- Advanced drafting and organizational skills relating to legal documents.
- Successful track record in strategic work flow and office management.
- Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
- Experience with or the ability to quickly learn technology platforms including SalesForce, Financial Force, and Concur.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, consistent, proactive and inclusive manner.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and organizational skills.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.