Plan and implement developmentally and age appropriate classroom activities for young children that will improve their literacy, numeric, language, cognitive, fine and gross motor skills; improve positive attitudes toward learning, social behavior and emotional well-being as well as their physical health. Provide for health and safety of all children in his/her classroom.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the classroom.
- Implements the curriculum's approved for use by Policy Council and Board of Directors.
- Communicates and interacts with children, staff, parents and the public in a pleasant and respectful manner.
- Writes developmentally and age appropriate lesson plans that include individualization for each child.
- Uses developmentally appropriate techniques to interact with children - individually or in groups - to support learning throughout the day.
- Ensures that materials to improve and enhance the mandated Head Start Outcomes and Domains are accessible to the children.
- Completes and scores required assessments and screenings, as outlined in the Education and Early Childhood Development Standard Operating Procedures.
- Regularly records child response to lesson planning and make appropriate adjustments.
- Documents the children’s work using the eight forms of evidence including goal(s) and leveling.
- Conducts a minimum of two (2) home visits per year per child. Submits home visit reports to Center Director as he/she designates.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related major with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education, providing a transcript of completed courses via fax to 317/803-9486.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds.
- At least 18 years of age
- Experience working with preschool children preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Candidates must complete online application www.fds.org
Head Start Teachers may be eligible for student loan forgiveness programs! For more information, please visit: