Supervising Social Worker
Supervising Social Worker
Are you ready to help ensure our Commitment to Caring? We are a not-for-profit with a mission to strengthen families and communities by transforming lives!
Why Sierra Vista?
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services offers:
- Competitive salary
- Desirable benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional growth/Job challenge
- Excellent training program
- Supervision for state licensure
- Highly experienced and supportive clinical team
- Release time for professional development
We are currently looking for a Supervising Social Worker who is ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
As a Supervising Social Worker in our Foster Care Program you will be working in a highly professional program that specializes in the treatment of young, emotionally and behaviorally disturbed children. Here are a few of the attributes that will make you successful in this position:
Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of current issues/trends in the field of counseling psychology and social work.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Ability to manage and direct a crisis.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in oral and written form.
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the programs.
- Physical capability to restrain children, lift over 20 lbs, and engage in physical activity including various sports, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, kneeling, twisting, etc.
Social Work Supervision
- Orientation and training of new social work personnel and on-going placement.
- Review and oversight of social work personnel.
- Ensure that the program meets all regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Ensure that assigned social work personnel perform their duties in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Total social workers supervised cannot exceed six.
- On call crisis management.
- Formulation and maintenance of program policies/procedures and Program Statement in conjunction with Program Director.
- Facilitating and ensuring that all clients receive appropriate assessments and services in a timely manner.
- Responsibility, in conjunction with Director, for the budget.
- Oversight for RFA assessments and reviews with staff
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures with personnel and foster families.
- Responsible for all program documentation, client and family binders.
- Supervision of the Intensive Treatment Foster Care (ITFC) program and its staff.
- Ability to work with outside state and local agencies.
- Carry one half caseload when necessary.
- The assessment of appropriate referrals for admission in conjunction with the clinical team.
- Support families in compliance with treatment team decisions and treatment plans.
- Coordination and facilitation of Child and Family Team meetings.
- Provision of individual, group, and family counseling for each client in accordance with the treatment/service plan.
- Maintain frequent and consistent contact with representatives of referring agency.
- Communicate as needed with CCL.
- Oversee the ITFC supervisor and program.
- Ensure that the ITFC formula is implemented for those clients and caseloads for staff are maintained.
- Work with counties on ITFC placements.
- Oversee all aspects of educational planning. Meet with school personnel prior to enrollment of client. Attend all school meetings such as student study team and IEP’s.
- Coordinate discharge planning.
- Meet regularly with child psychiatrist. Provide client information and monitor medication effects.
- Prepare written summaries requesting medication evaluation in accordance with CSC standards. Ensure all necessary legal and permission forms for medication are on file.
- Prepare psychological evaluation requests when child is referred for clinical evaluation.
- Provide written quarterly reports for each client as part of the treatment plan.
- Maintain detailed records of significant contacts, incidents, meetings, groups, and individual sessions.
- Maintain client charts in accordance with agency standards and with the state of California licensing guidelines.
- Be able to provide clinical diagnoses for clients upon intake, including residential if necessary.
Foster Home Support
- Responsible for recruitment, evaluation, approval, and review of all foster homes.
- Provide support and guidance to families.
- Availability to foster families for trainings, consults, support and during times of crisis.
- Ensure compliance to all agency CSC, and licensing standards in each home.
- Conduct annual re-certification study for each assigned home.
- Prepare written evaluations of home functioning after each client removal.
- Maintain Foster Family record in compliance with agency, CSC and licensing standards.
- Participate in on-going training program for foster families.
- Attend all clinical supervision, staff meetings, and in-service training.
- Report any suspected child abuse immediately to direct supervisor or if not available, utilize the chain of command.
- Report any suspected dependent adult/elder abuse immediately to direct supervisor or if not available, utilize the chain of command.
- Everyone who works in the organization has responsibilities for preventing and controlling infection.
- Responsible for reducing the risk of injury to clients and staff.
- Other assigned duties.
Foster Family Social Workers in certification division.
Director of Foster Care
- Masters in Social Work required. Licensed Clinical Social Work preferred.
- Three years experience in a social work or casework employment in the field of child welfare Service or two years in a licensed Foster Family agency.
- Effective conceptualization and communication skills
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with less than 2 minor moving violations.
Keywords: clinician, clinical, clinical trainee, human services, social work, licensed clinician, social worker, lcsw, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker, etc.