This position is responsible for assuring that girls are provided the opportunity to learn and achieve academic success by performing the following duties:
Role and Responsibilities
PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT OF CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
• Keeps up to date regarding curriculum content.
• Understands how to plan for effective classroom instruction by utilizing higher level thinking/reasoning skills, central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline and developmental tasks.
• Creates learning experiences which foster meaningful learning experiences for girls.
• Creates lesson plans that effectively utilize all materials and resources available to achieve the objectives of the curriculum and adheres to Sunshine State Standards and district pupil progression.
• Plans assessment and monitors progress of student learning effectively.
• Monitors girls' understanding of the curriculum
EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT
• Creates an environment that is conducive for student learning and involvement.
• Maintains appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect and safety.
• Adheres to the PACE, Inc. (or center specific) Behavior Management System.
• Fosters a gender responsive classroom or learning environment.
• Creates learning objectives that are clear and relevant to girls.
• Uses innovative, appropriate, and differentiated instructional techniques and strategies.
• Uses appropriate questioning techniques.
• Implements innovative approaches, evaluates and refines instructional strategies including the effective integration of technologies to enhance learning opportunities.
ACADEMIC ADVISING – THE PROMOTION OF HIGH STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR MEMBERS OF ADVISEE GROUP
• Develops reviews, modifies, communicates and updates learning goals, standards and expectations with the girls.
• Promotes confidence and perseverance in the student that stimulate increased personal student responsibility for achieving the goals of the curriculum.
• Promotes graduation requirements, necessity of obtaining credits, achieving a strong GPA, college readiness, etc.
PROMOTION OF EQUITY AND APPRECIATION OF DIVERSITY
• Strives to ensure equitable opportunities for student learning.
• Demonstrates appreciation for and sensitivity to the diversity among individuals.
• Fosters and maintains a gender responsive environment.
FULFILLMENT OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrates professional and cooperative in interactions with parents while being receptive to their contributions.
• Shares responsibility, works collaboratively and constructively with colleagues for accomplishing the goals and priorities of his/her teacher assignment, center and school district.
• Takes on role of a reflective and continuous learner.
• Facilitates student learning and growth by ensuring students are working towards meeting their IAP goals as well as mastering benchmarking/standards.
• Utilizes data to assess the progress and academic growth of girls.
• Enters girl progress into ETO (using real time data entry timeframes and DAP2 Model of documentation).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related subject area
• Must be certified to teach in Florida
• Attains and/or maintains certification and endorsements by required deadlines
• Minimum one year teaching experience
• Knowledge of subject area
• Oral and written communication skills
• Valid Florida Driver’s license
• Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
• Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency and 6B-1.001 Code of Ethics of the Education Profession in Florida.
• Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
• Teaching experience in an at-risk youth environment
• Education Degree
• Knowledge of state and school districts policies, preferred
• Knowledge of laws relating to children and families
• Proficiency with the use of computers to enter data daily