Community Specialist III
ARC of Rockland is a recognized leader in the Human Services field, serving Rockland County NY, providing a variety of services to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Our programs are staffed by dedicated and caring individuals including licensed professionals and skilled, motivated direct care and support staff from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Our mission is to make available to individuals with developmental disabilities, circumstances and opportunities that will lead to an ever improving quality of life which will allow them to participate fully in society’s mainstream.
Community Specialist III
Full Time Monday - Friday 35 Hours
- Implements active Day Habilitation plans for program participants, both on program site and in the community.
- Supervises non-professional staff in implementation of Day Habilitation plans.
- Participates in individual’s program planning process.
- Plans group and individual activities.
- Takes daily attendance and maintains other routine records/paperwork regarding program participants that is required by Agency and outside regulations.
- Examines documents and verifies daily data collection. Ensures accurate data collection.
- Prepares case notes on as needed basis to document concerns regarding a program participant.
- Develops comprehensive monthly notes outlining each program participant’s progress.
- Utilizes community resources, as appropriate for implementation of Day Habilitation plans and community integration.
- Carries out basic administrative tasks related to caseload and other selected assignments as directed by supervisor or program director.
- Drives Agency vehicles for transportation of program participants as required.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Participates in scheduled in-service training programs and other assigned trainings.
- Provides support/coverage to other than assigned classrooms as needed.
- Assists with personal care needs of program participants, on an as needed basis, that includes toileting changing program participants, feeding and classroom coverage.
- Provides classroom and programmatic direction to the Aides and Assistants assigned to their classroom.
- Provides input into the performance evaluations for Aides and Assistants assigned to their classroom.
- Teaches program participants to become more independent.
- Reports incidents in timely manner as required by 624 Regulations.
- Administers prescribed medications to program participants after successful completion of AMAP medication administration course.
- Performs required bus duty functions as required.
- Performs related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in human services).
- Valid Driver’s License and meets Agency’s driving standards.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and teaching skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with coworkers, employees, individuals, families and outside contacts.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must become an Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP). Certification must be completed prior to the end of individual’s probation/orientation period.
ARC of Rockland offers competitive salaries and a benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, tuition assistance, generous time off policy, TDA and an agency funded pension plan. We offer on-going training, supervision and opportunities to advance in an atmosphere where our employees are valued.
Please send your resume in confidence to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax (845) 267-2364.
The Arc Rockland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on The Arc Rockland, please visit our website at www.rocklandarc.org.
Additional key words: QMRP, MRDD, MR/DD, Hab Spec